The topics of the Conference concern the issues of environmental protection and engineering in cities, in terms of threats and challenges of climate change (including air pollution, rainwater management, urban microclimate, urban heat island, threats to biodiversity, health of urban residents and urban stress). It also introduces the concept of Nature Based Solutions (NBS) and green-blue infrastructure in the context of:
- landscape designing and architecture,
- environmental risk assessment and modeling,
- ecological, economic and social benefits,
- creating so-called “green cities” and adaptation strategies to climate change,
- economic issues (real estate and land value and Nature Based Solutions),
- projects supporting the implementation of NBS in cities (on the example of the Grow Green project implemented by the Wrocław University of Environmental and Life Sciences and the Municipality of Wrocław).
The Conference is financed by Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Republic of Poland
I Międzynarodowa konferencja i warsztaty: „Nature Based Solutions for New Urban World – Conference and a global conversation to demonstrate benefits of Nature Based Solutions for climate and water resilience in cities” - zadanie finansowane w ramach umowy 785/P-DUN/2018 ze środków Ministra Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego przeznaczonych na działalność upowszechniającą naukę.
Abstracts and publications
Selected articles will be published in „Nature Based Solutions Handbook” – a study containing standards and guidelines for designers and contractors of NBS projects, local administration employees, developers, economists associated with the real estate market, representatives of the economy, representatives of urban residents - a description of the integrated system for building NBS solutions, published in Polish and English.